Friday, June 28, 2019

Good fences make good neighbors?

Before with wooden gate
After, with PVC gate
Having replaced one fence, it was time to start moving across the lot and replace the next one.  So today I replaced the gate of, what has become, my main plot.  

It doesn't seem like a lot; however, it makes a difference in so many ways.  The wooden gate was in bad shape and needed to be replaced.  This one now swings fully and easily and is actually somewhat lighter.  I may stop there for now as the last bit of fencing is pretty solid.  

But it was running into the person who has the plot next time mine today.  She has been MIA this season and I thought maybe she was gone, but it turns out her husband had surgery and she's been caring for him.  I helped her attack some of the weeds and lent her my rake to make it easier on her.  I told her that I was going to start weeding her plot next week because some of the mint is now large enough to be shading my plants.  I will make sure to hit up some of her plot when I'm down there working going forward.

I think about how my garden failed last year because of being on the road for three weeks.  It feels good to give someone a hand.  I love my garden, it has become such a place of joy for me.  I hope others feel the same about their gardens.

Speaking of surprises, this was a good one.  I went in to water my corn and squash and found beans and some lovely blossoms on my bean plants.  I'm not just growing food here, I'm growing confidence and love.
❤️ 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Rain Rain Go Away

Here in New England, the rain is rolling in on a regular basis.  Three inches in one day last week - which almost drowned my lettuce and car...