Tuesday, July 16, 2019

How does your garden grow?

Corn on July 15
Corn on July 4
So how does my garden grow?

Pretty well it seems.  So the corn that was eye high a week and a half ago is taller than me today.  The pumpkins that were growing in the box have taken over the plot.  I managed to get some of my green beans, but I don't think I'll get in there again judging from my pumpkin overflow. My zucchini is growing and I'm starting to actually harvest stuff.

Chives,  Swiss chard,  beets, and garlic onions.  Not to mention the herbs I've been harvesting from the garden annex.
First  Harvest
Today I  also saw a bunch of skimmers flying around the garden and pollinating.  They landed on my husband and flitted and played all over the place.  My cucumbers are starting to grow.  So far two of my pickling cucumbers have been harvested and I will be slicing them up and pickling them in the next day or so.



 My San Marzanos are not only growing past the trellis but are finally coming in.  It won't be long before I'll be canning them for future use.  My beets have been growing bigger and bigger but I think I lost the eggplant to pests.  😢 I think I'm going to have a ton of squash this year.  So knowing what I know now, which is barely more than I did a few months ago, I can plan better next year.  Until then, I guess I better find some pumpkin pie recipes because... yeah... I'm gonna have a lot before I know it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rain Rain Go Away

Here in New England, the rain is rolling in on a regular basis.  Three inches in one day last week - which almost drowned my lettuce and car...