Saturday, June 15, 2019

Three Sisters

The three sister garden is the 4x4 sections of the 4x6x12" box.  The smaller section has my tomatoes and I planted some carrots and parsnips in there as well.

I started the tomatoes a while back as seeds and now they are starting to really grow.
❤️❤️
It makes me excited to think that they got this far.  As I've said before, I've never really grown things from seed like this before and it's truly exciting to see things growing!


See how pretty it looks!   It won't be long before there are lovely tomatoes starting to blossom and grow for me to cook up into a sauce or something wonderful to eat.

I noticed some of the carrots I planted a couple of weeks ago starting to poke through the soil.  They aren't really there yet,  but they will be there soon enough.  When that happens, you can be sure I'll be jumping up and down and squealing like a crazy lady. 

Then there's the corn in the big box.   It's really starting to shoot up and the beans are starting to poke through a little.   One thing I know about beans is that once they start going, they really get going.  But the exciting thing was seeing my pumpkin leaves.  When I planted the single seed in the other box to see what would happen, it took a couple of weeks.   These ones were, "Dude, where's the sun at?" and popped up so quickly.   I'm going to have to do some more thought and research, but the idea of the three sister garden is truly exciting.  If it all works out, then this will be a fun late summer/early fall feast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rain Rain Go Away

Here in New England, the rain is rolling in on a regular basis.  Three inches in one day last week - which almost drowned my lettuce and car...