Sunday, June 2, 2019

Growing the seeds I'm sowing...

Was it really only three weeks ago I planted my pumpkin, beets, and Parisian carrots?  Look at them now!

I am wicked excited about the beets. I never really grew stuff from seeds before and that things are growing.  Already I'm thinking about how I can turn them into salads and pickle them and a million and one other things because BEETS!!!!

Last week's seedlings are really stepping up their game to be part of this garden.  I mean, just look at those cukes and squash just taking to the soil and being all happy in there.  It's like they aren't going to let their seeded buddies across the way from them get all the excitement and glory.  A few have started playing on the trellis netting, which is cool too.  I can't believe this is so green and full and happy right now.

Then I noticed my garlic is starting to flower along with my chives.  The marigolds I got on clearance at Lowes that were almost dead?  Yeah, one has a lovely bloom and some of the others are starting to push out buds.  I am now at that point where I'm going to be handing garlic off to people to start growing their own as well.  It's growing and thriving and now I just need to know the right time to harvest some to make wonderful food. 

I can't help but be excited about all of this.  The whole idea that I am growing food and such makes me want to jump up and down with joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rain Rain Go Away

Here in New England, the rain is rolling in on a regular basis.  Three inches in one day last week - which almost drowned my lettuce and car...